This picture is very special to me. It was my first time doing landscaping at my old house last summer. I kept the picture because to me this garden represented a new season and a higher level of growth in my life because this was one of my first times stepping outside of the box and doing something different. Since then, I fell in love with gardening, stepping out on faith, and trying new things. This moment was a stepping stone that lead into greater things!
Year 2016 was an awesome year, I was able to obtain a new job, move into my new house, get a better understanding of my business, and build an even stronger understanding of self and my relationship with others. To continue on with my previous year of accomplishments I have created a motto this year that follows Nike’s popular slogan, “Just Do It!”. This year, I am really focusing on maintaining a peaceful state of mind and consistency, enriching others, and launching my company. In order to do so, I have created some goals that I want to accomplish this year. Here are my goals for 2017:
- Provide a Daily Food 4 Thought – I love this goal because it works on my consistency and I am sharing what God places on my heart for the day. Its a motivation for me as much as it is for someone else.
- Complete my 30 – 60 Day Meditation Challenge – As previously mentioned in my recent blog, Establishing a Place of Peace – Meditation Challenge, my current goal is to meditate at least once a day for 15-30 minutes. So far, I am on day 8 and I must admit, it has been an awesome experience!
- Officially Relaunch my First Business – With a passion for entrepreneurship, my ultimate goal is to become a serial entrepreneur. As mentioned in my previous posts, Starting Over to Accomplish Your Goals, I have had my first business NGDBS for 6 years and I took time out reevaluate and relaunch because I want to go further than it did before in previous years.
- Grow a Bigger and More Bountiful Garden – At my new homeI have a big back yard with a beautiful small pond. Every time I look out there, I can envision a beautiful oasis. My goal is to create not only a beautiful garden of flowers but also of fruit and vegetables so that it can contribute to the health and welfare of my family. This is awesome because it comes right out of my back yard and it save money in the long run. Its gonna be hard work, but I know that it will be beneficial in the long run.
- Post 50 videos on my Youtube Channel: Where’s My Admin w/ Mea M. Hampton – This is a channel created to help small businesses grow by providing advice based around business and technology. I have created this goal because it helps me get over my fear of being in front of a camera. Each time I feel myself becoming more and more comfortable. I am currently on video 15! (YAY!)
My goals are special to me because each one makes me step out of my comfort zone in a positive way. I am a firm believer that if you step out on small things, then the bigger things will become a little easier to do. These are my current goals for 2017. As I progress, I will definitely share and hopefully it becomes a motivation to others to accomplish their goals.
What about you? What are your goals this year?